Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Getting ready



Well it looks like launch is set for the crack of dawn on Tuesday. 6am... oy. I haven't seen that since the last time I stayed up all night.

The rest of our troop is leaving Monday and heading for Memphis. They will stay the night and hopefully me and Chris can catch them by 10am Tuesday. I am thinking they'll have a couple hangovers to nurse. We will see...

Got my Self-inflating Alps sleeping pad and a nice 45 degree sleeping bag today. Some comfort may be found while on the road. Oh and a 10 foot usb cord so I can still charge my phone from inside the tent by connecting to the usb port on Black Thunder.




I've already replaced the clutch (seems I have the ability to destroy them easily, I blame my childish nature) and I will be giving Black Thunder a tune up and oil change shortly. I'm chomping at the bit to go. I can hardly wait. I'm excited that my 15 year old son has become interested in motorcycling and how this all works. I'd love for him to come along too when he's able to. If all my kids had a bike, we'd have a gang for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be aware of younger audiences when you post.