Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Bike Trip 2011

And so. After years of wishing and wanting to take a manly trip across country on my motorcycle with some other dudes, it has become a reality. I thought that I would attempt to keep a blog of events leading up to and during the event. I might forget to update it as I am a man and all... But here goes.

Launch occurs sometime on August 6th. So if you want any of my electronics or need a spare child or dog, please don't visit until Aug 7th.

First: My list of things I think I will need.

Bike list of items:

Inconsequentials

Headphones (2 pair)
Ear Plugs (possibly)
Batteries
Aux Power Supply
Cigars
Cell Phone
Leather Bag
Change for Tolls


Health Care

Antacids
Nasal Spray
Eye Drops
Sun Screen (like I’ll remember to use it)

Toiletries
TP
Deodorant
Razor and extra blade
Soap


Clothing
Leather Jacket
Denim Jacket
Shorts
Jeans
T-Shirts
Underwear
Hat
Shades
Sandals
Socks
Belt
Sweat Shirt / Hoodie


Food Stuff

Trail Mix / Nuts
Jerky
Tuna or something like that in a can?
Bottled Water
Clips and Rubber Bands


Camping Gear

Tent
Bed Roll
Sleeping Bag
Bug Spray
Lighter and Matches
Tarp


Motorcycle Gear

Full Face Helmet
Gloves
Rain Gear
Extra Boots
Bandana
Tool Bag
Twine
Wire
Duct Tape
Super Tool



Emergency Items

Spare Cell Phone
Flash Light
First Aid
Flare ?
Plastic Baggies
Radio




Later will be the list of actuals along with a list of forgotten items.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be aware of younger audiences when you post.